Most businesses have been affected by the growing cost of complying with regulations. Of all the "red tape" imposed on small businesses, health and safety rules are felt to be the most onerous.
What we do
Our specialist regulatory team can advise you on the regulations, keep you up to date, and support you if you face more complex issues:
- Interviews with enforcement authorities
- Guidance on health and safety law and environmental regulations
- Advice on the rules governing street works
- Responding to improvement and prohibition notices
- Dealing with Trading Standards, Traffic Commissioners, HM Revenue & Customs or a local authority
We also represent those who are prosecuted or who wish to mount an appeal.
We act for businesses of all sizes, and not just in the South East.
Why Cripps Harries Hall?
Alongside our specialist knowledge and years of experience is an understanding that you want to get on with your business. It's our job to help you do that as effectively as possible, while still complying with the law.
For further information please contact Myles McIntosh or Philip Youdan.
- Advising a utility company in connection with a major water pollution event affecting a wide residential area in the South East. Significant technical analysis was required to determine the cause and a detailed review of procedures was carried out. There then followed a substantial number of formal interviews. Ultimately the Drinking Water Inspectorate was persuaded not to prosecute, thereby avoiding a very lengthy trial
- Advising a company in connection with proceedings under the Control of Major Accident Hazards Regulations 1999, the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and the Environment Permitting (England & Wales) Regulations 2010 resulting from a fire at a chemicals factory which resulted in chemicals escaping and polluting a river
- Advising a client in connection with a claim for loss and damage caused by a substantial flooding incident
- Advising a major building company in connection with a prosecution resulting from the felling of trees subject to a Tree Preservation Order
- Representing clients in connection with interviews under caution in connection with health and safety, environmental and other regulatory offences
- Advising companies served with Improvement and Prohibition Notices under the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 to include providing advice and representation in connection with an appeal
- Representing clients charged with health and safety, environmental and other regulatory offences before the Magistrates' Court and Crown Court
|Myles McIntosh||Partner||+44 (0)1892 506 136
|Paul Smith||Associate||+44 (0)1892 506 231
|Stephen Williams||Partner||+44 (0)1892 506 344
|Philip Youdan||Partner||+44 (0)1892 506 027