What we do
The team handling Coroner's Inquests is headed by Partner Chris Wilkinson, who is also an Assistant Deputy Coroner. His experience both of the process leading to an Inquest and conducting Inquests allows us to provide practical advice and insight to our clients.
Issues that we are commonly asked to advise upon include:
- Whether an Inquest should be held following a death
- What evidence the Coroner should consider at the Inquest
- Information that should be disclosed by the Coroner to the family in advance of the Inquest
- How the Inquest is likely to be conducted and the verdicts that are open to the Coroner
- Representation at Inquests.
- Advice upon what action can be taken following an Inquest including appealing against the decision reached
Why Cripps Harries Hall?
We have a depth of knowledge in advising in this area of the law and provide our clients with clear, pragmatic advice on all issues connected with Coroner's Inquests.
All matters are handled sensitively - we understand the emotional strain that an Inquest creates and we aim to minimise this.
If you require any assistance please contact either Chris Wilkinson or Philip Youdan who will be happy to speak with you.